Odd News ~ Betty's YouTube ~ UncleGadget's YouTube

The more you give, the
more I can give back!

There has been,

Hits to Betty's
Pubs since
Sept. 30th, 2004

~Share this page or article on Facebook~

Author Topic: Movie Night at Betty's.  (Read 8518 times)

kathyanne1962 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Betty

• Administrator
  • Winner of the Golden Panties Award
Doroshow 1968 movie
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »
Jack Doroshow, who organized drag shows around the United States and presided over them since the last 1950s has past away at 78.

Read more here, http://pearlcorona.org/betties/index.php?topic=1367.0

I tried to fix & clean up his 1968 movie as best i can, but there was little to work with because my copy was so poor quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI8Kymn_xYk
192mb, worse than VHS quality, 65 minutes.

It was probably shot in at least 16mm film which would have made it about DVD quality. I may assume that the original film was lost, & only VHS versions survived to be converted to digital.

Offline Betty

• Administrator
4 more movies added Dec 5
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »
I've added 4 more movies for your pleasure. 3 are crossdressing-related again, & the forth is another Artsy movie, that will be found under another topic of our private viewing, movie section.

============

This award-winning movie was run here for about a week almost a year ago. It's back for those who missed it.
The story begins in the 1920s in China, and continues through to the aftermath of the Communist Cultural Revolution. Early in the film focuses on the training and adolescent relationships of two young men who are destined to perform in the famed Peking Opera. The story begins when one of them is deposited at the school by his mother when he is quite a young boy. He becomes friends with a lad called Shitou, and their friendship goes through a variety of ups and downs as they grow up together.
390mb, SVCD to DVD quality (in parts), 166 minutes.

============

A little known film-maker from the early 1950's gained posthumous notoriety for his dreadful B-grade science fiction films in the mid-'80s. This film is a fictionalized portrait of his mediocre life and career. It was filmed in black and white to recreate the atmosphere of his films. The film primarily focuses his transvestism, his relationships with his oddball casts and crew, and his friendship with aging horror-movie great Bela Lugosi whom he tries to help, as he tries to make his films on shoestring budgets.
295mb, DVD quality, 118 minutes.

============

This is a true story about a Texas cowboy whose free-wheeling life is overturned in 1985 when he was diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. These were the early days AIDS, and the U.S. was divided over how to combat the virus. When he is shunned and ostracized by many of his old friends, and bereft of government-approved effective medicines, he decides to take matters in his own hands, tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. Bypassing the establishment, he joins forces with an unlikely band of renegades and outcasts - who he once would have shunned - and established a hugely successful "buyers' club." Their shared struggle for dignity and acceptance is a uniquely American story of the transformative power of resilience.
310mb, DVD quality, 110 minutes.

===========

The last movie in this series only had a limited showing of about a week in some cities, if it showed at all in your town. So I bring it here for those who can't see it or missed it. They claim every frame of this film was hand painted on canvas with oil paint in the style of Vincent van Gogh. Well, they lied... or at least exaggerated a lot. I see a lot of the same backgrounds used in many scenes, not hand painted for every frame. Some of the animations, especially the characters were clearly layered on the scenes -- layered by blue & green screen techniques, with the assistance of computer animation... not had animated on every frame.

So although there are a lot of hand-painted scenes & characters, every frame or object wasn't individually hand panted or hand animated. Many of the scenes are not even oil on canvas either, but are water color, charcoal, & pastel (colored or shaded chalk) drawings on paper. It's obvious when watching the film, so when I looked it up, I read about witnesses who saw green & blue screen modern layering techniques, water coloring, & computer-assisted animation being done with the film.

Still, it's worth a colorful watch, knowing a lot of it was hand painted, & then later manipulated by modern layering & animation techniques. You may even learn something about Vincent van Gogh. It was filmed at only 15 frames per second, which may be a little jumpy or cause eye strain watching on a big screen long. So it might actually look better watching it at home on a smaller screen.
195mb, DVD quality, 84 minutes.

Our private viewing sections for Movies & TV are available to Betty's Pub members only, & not available or visible to the public.
http://pearlcorona.org/betties/index.php?board=7.0

Offline Betty

• Administrator
9 Holiday movies
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
I have holiday movies for you. I'll start of the first set of 9 movies with stuff we're all familiar with. Later, I'll think about posting some of the more unusual or unheard of holiday movies.

They're at our private movies section for Betty's Pubs members.
http://pearlcorona.org/betties/index.php?board=7.0

The more you give,

the more I can give back.

The dots in the map below represent every person who visited Betty's since Dec. 9, 2017. Blinking dots show people currently here. However if you haven't clicked on anything in a couple minutes your dot won't blink until you click on something again.

web
statistics

Hits to Betty's Pubs since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Website, forum design, software, & security on this site is copyrighted. It was made personally by Betty Pearl, of Betty Pearl's Pubs, & Sissy Stories. Betty's Pub is a non-profit organization & support group for the transgendered, & Fetware community. We don't sell anything, there are no ads, & we don't data mine your personal information & habits to sell like MOST other sites do. We respect your privacy & won't sell it out for a few bucks.

Site for: sissify, sissification, sissyfication, feminization, petticoated, adult baby stories, diaper stories, regression, Sissy stories, ABDL stories, sissies, sissy boys, crossdressing, crossdressers, transvestites, transsexuals, adult babies, diaper, diapered, frilly dresses, ruffles, bows, lace, & tutu.