Odd News ~ Betty's YouTube ~ UncleGadget's YouTube

The more you give, the
more I can give back!

There has been,

Hits to Betty's
Pubs since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Share this page on Facebook

Author Topic: payment  (Read 1157 times)

Offline samantha1

• Winner of the Golden Panties Award
payment
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »
Hi Betty,just too let you know i have sent some money to you

Offline Betty

• Administrator
Re: payment
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Thank you so much.

Such a frustrating time of the year.

Everybody's in shopping season so hardly anyone is spending anything on donations, & clicking on ads at YouTube or UG. Meanwhile, nobody's dropping stuff off for me to fix or upgrade because they're all saved up for new stuff, or hoping they get a replacement as a gift. So the bottom falls out for me around now.

Fortunately warranties on the new stuff they'll be getting over the holidays won't cover upgrades or modifications to get it to do what they want it to, or make it compatible with their old stuff. So at least I get a little business back from that sort of thing in January... or people decide they like their old unit better after getting a new one, so move on to upgrade it.

Offline samantha1

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »
it would appear that something went wrong with last payment and paypal has only just told me ,so i have sent monies again .sorry for paypal mix up.

Offline Betty

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
Thank you.

I believe there's a problem if you set up reoccurring or monthly payments. It's not allowed for donations to private or personal entities, & is only permitted to donate to corporate accounts.

In another words, in most cases setting up a monthly or reoccurring donation payment won't work at PayPal.

Offline samantha1

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »
Hi Betty,just to let you know i have sent you some money today

Offline Betty

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:31:02 AM »
Thank you so much my friend.

A little reminder everyone. Don't set up automatic monthly payments/donations to Betty's at PayPal. It don't work. From what I was told, automatic monthly payments only work for business sites with shopping carts with PayPal installed. We don't sell anything, so do not have a cart.

The ads here are an experiment, & don't earn much. The ads at Betty's, combined with all my YouTube channels are earning about $27-$35 a month. And they don't pay until a month after they've earned over $100. So I'll only see a check from them once every 3-4 months.

It's more a proof of concept experiment, & to hopefully someday attract other or better advertisers. There's been some grumbling that we can't run ads here. So here's the proof... Yes, we can run ads here, even from very strict Google.

We tend to like to stay under the radar so we don't attract spammers, scammers, hackers, & trolls. But by running ads from a premium advertising company, it puts us on the radar with web businesses as a high-traffic (but well hidden) set of sites. This places us in a higher ranking, & better reputation, without attracting a lot of the extra riff-raff.

We're getting the traffic as good or surpassing our busiest years back in the old days when Betty's was recognized worldwide as a formidable force on the web. We got big numbers, so it's time to get some recognition for it again.

Late in 2017, & this year there's a lot of changes in the web & how it works. I'm not at all happy with all of the changes, & neither will you. I refuse to cooperate with some of these changes. But rather loose rankings, & being placed low on searches by not cooperating, by attracting & maintaining even low-paying advertising, plus having linked external channels with advertisers will keep our rankings up... even if I don't do exactly what they say I should.

We get 4.5 million or more hits per year, & run advertising on most pages, plus on our channels. Are they really gonna rank us low because I won't do what they tell me to? Rankings are supposed to be about how popular a site is, how safe it is, & how much people like it, not about what complies with a rule book written by Google, Bing, or Yahoo.

Those rules are mostly to make all sites work, & look exactly the same, with no controversy, politics, sex, or honest & useful commentary. They want white or off-white pages with pale grey text, & blue links. I thought we were over that crap in 1996!

Now they threaten to give all sites a low ranking that don't look good & function well on a 4" phone screen vertically. If you're on a tiny screen visiting a real website, you have to use your phone horizontally, not vertically. We are not gonna dumb down our sites, & make them look terrible on a computer just because people with a tiny phone are too stupid than to try to turn their phone sideways at a real website.

They threaten in 2018, to give all websites that don't use an "https" encrypted web address a low ranking. Really? Did https prevent millions at Yahoo, Verizon, Equafax, banks, or your iphone from being hacked? No! Your passwords, & cookies needed to log in here are encrypted. I will not encrypt the entire website & address. We don't sell anything here, & I certainly hope you are not using the same login here as you do at your bank. However, Betty's is safer & more secure than many banks, & big online shopping sites. So why the hell do I need to encrypt the entire site?

If you're visiting Betty's on an un-trusted, & un-secure wifi connection, the bad guys there will still know you're visiting Betty's if we had https. Our own security & encryption is fine. Converting to https puts an extra large unnecessary load on our sites, servers, bandwidth, & an unnecessary load on your computer or device, & bandwidth.

However, rest assured if you donate through paypal, they do use https encryption for transactions. We don't do banking & transactions here. We don't sell anything, so don't need https.

We will not be switching to https. If I could see any advatage or improved safety using it here, we would have switched long ago.

We will not be turning our sites to look goofy so somebody can visit here while holding their 4" phone vertically. Learn how to use the phone horizontally when visiting a real website, or get a computer. We do have a separate feed for phones & portables at Betty's though. If your portable device's browser is set for phone or tablet viewing rather than a desktop/laptop view, you get our mobile feed automatically.

It even looks good vertically on a 7" android screen. But on my 4.5 inch phone, it has to be flipped horizontally. On your portable, you should see a "mobile home" button on the top of our pages if your portable device's browser is set correctly. If you see a "home" button instead of a "Mobile Home" button near the top, you're viewing our regular, normal version, not the mobile version.

Our sites were designed specially for regular computers & laptops. So as long as your screen is big enough, you're better off using our normal version by changing your browser settings to desktop/laptop view.

I spent a lot of time creating our mobile versions a few years ago, & just updated them last week, but they are a compromise for small screens. And never visit real websites vertically on real tiny screens & phones. Almost all websites are really designed to be visited horizontally.

Offline jeangurl

• Board Queen
Re: payment BETTER Late than never.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 05:33:08 AM »
Hi I managed to make a payment useing my other stupid laptop Windows 10.
For some reason on here it always goes to blank when I try to use Paypal.
But trying to view your sites on 10 is useless.

Luv Jeangurl :-[

Offline Betty

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 03:53:52 AM »
Thank you so much.

I'm not sure if I understand the problem. Is it just the Pay Pal logo/link here that goes blank in Windows 10, the entire Pay Pal page when you click on it, or Betty's itself that is going blank or malfunctioning in W10?

Most independent websites build their sites & code to internationally established, & written web standards. Unfortunately Windows 10, MS Explorer, & Edge do not comply with international web standards. They expect all sites to write their code special to suit MS, instead of for international web standards.

So most independent or private sites do not officially support Windows 10, Explorer, & Edge browsers. But they should still work good enough, even though not fully supported.

Our modified SMF core software should be compatible enough with W10 & its native browser. But they change W10 & the Edge browser too much all the for most of us to keep up with WTF they're doing (or not doing, or breaking) anymore.

It's been a while since I've had W10 on any machines, so don't have its native Edge browser either. Nobody's dropped a W10 machine off for me to fix in a while either. I either switched my regular customers & friends to Windows 7, or they switched to something else entirely. So I'm stuck in a spot where I hardly personally know anybody locally still on W10 anymore.

However, over 90% of people with Windows 10 or any kind of Windows have known for 20 years that you don not use Explorer or their newer Edge browser for surfing the web because the are not secure, & offer not a shred of any real privacy. Many Windows users use Google Chrome because it comes bundled with so much other software we use, it was forced upon us, or inadvertently, or deliberately installed with the other software. Chrome offers a lot more security, & just slightly more privacy.

I use Pale Moon, a more secure & more private version of Firefox. But recent changes in Pale Moon may force me to go back to Firefox again, or Waterfox... another branch of Firefox. Even an Opera browser works rather well, once you get used to that it works entirely different.

You may try using another browser other than Explorer or Edge, just like most Windows users do. You may also check any ad-blockers or script blockers installed. They're great for blocking annoying ads, clutter, & potentially intrusive scripts from sites you just want to read or view something on, but not want to interact with the site or buy anythng. But those blockers block essential scripts, & dialog boxes required to interact with most sites, buy something from a site, donate, or use special features.

It's highly recommended that you shut off, diable ad & script blockers at Betty's, or may an exception for Betty's on them if you want to interact with us, or use special features. You won't even see our hit counter at the top with some of those blockers. This spring, Betty's will have been around 24 years. There has never has been anything bad, or intrusive at Betty's that needs blocking. Blockers may block stuff you need here, or some cool stuff too.

Can anybody else confirm the problem with Windows 10 here, or is it just that stupid Edge browser that's a problem?

I've tested our sites on every other version of Windows, Linux, OSX, android, & just about all other browsers (set up properly or in their default settings). Everything seems to be working fine. We even have a special version of Betty's made just for phones & pocket tablets, that is sent to their device automatically. It even works on pretty old phones.

Offline jeangurl

• Board Queen
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
Betty no its on my old PC Windows  ?  which wont let me access Paypal.
Windows 10 wont let me access  your pages but will let me on Paypal.

So thats what I guess I will do switch between the two;

Love Jeangurl :-[ :-*

Offline Betty

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 01:26:16 AM »
It's most likely your browser, browser settings, ad blocker you installed the browser, or an outdated browser. You may be blocking cookies. If you want to interact with a website, it's impossible if you don't except the cookies from them. It's sort of your ID & key to unlock the door to let you in.

Try another browser. Except for Microsoft's own Explorer & Edge browser (which almost nobody ever uses), a browser is pretty much an independent program from the operating system. Most other & popular browsers will even run on Linux or Android, or can be easily made to with a few tweaks. Indeed, most common browsers hardly need any operating system at all except to run some of the basic OS stuff.

I recommend Pale Moon (a more secure/private version of Firefox), Waterfox (a streamlined older style of Firefox), Firefox, Opera (Its turboost & proxy is handy for limited slow connections, data limits, & privacy), or the most popular -- Google Chrome (not so private, but better privacy & security than Explorer or Edge, & better privacy than Safari).

You can have more than one browser installed on a computer at the same time. Except for Explorer, Edge, & Chrome browsers, they don't run in the background when they're off & not being used. So you can put as many browsers as you want on a machine without using any extra computer resources. They only run when you actually open them & surf the internet with them. It's like if you put more lights in your house, doesn't make you use more electricity. Only the ones you turn on use electricity.

You can even run more than one browser at the same time. Often I'm surfing with Pale moon, but have other stuff open, uploading, or downloading in Firefox, WaterFox, or Opera at the same time.

I haven't had a W10 unit in for repairs for a while as almost everyone I know or did work for has moved away from W10 by now. So I have no W10 unit, or Edge browser to test things with.

So officially, just like many independent or private sites, we don't support W10 or Edge browsers. Explorer is out of date so not supported well either. W10, & Edge, are an invasion of privacy for the individual, sites you visit, & the people you interact with.

A tame W10 usually does not use a Microsoft browser. Microsoft refuses to update Explorer in older Windows. So either way, do not use Edge or Explorer. There's other browsers out there, & almost all the popular ones are better, safer, more secure, & better for privacy. Most of them are also more compatible with websites because they comply to internationally established web standards. Edge & Explorer do not. Microsoft tends to write their own rules as they go along, & expect every website in the world to comply with their rules rather than well established world wide web standards.

The more you give,

the more I can give back.

The dots in the map below represent every person who visited Betty's since Dec. 9, 2017. Blinking dots show people currently here. However if you haven't clicked on anything in a couple minutes your dot won't blink until you click on something again.

web
statistics

Hits to Betty's Pubs since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Website, forum design, software, & security on this site is copyrighted. It was made personally by Betty Pearl, of Betty Pearl's Pubs, Sissy Stories, buffalobetties, & pearlcorona. Betty's Pub is a non-profit organization & support group for the transgendered, & Fetware community. We don't sell anything, & we don't data mine your personal information & habits to sell like MOST other sites do. We respect your privacy & won't sell it out for a few bucks.

Site for: Sissy Stories, ABDL Stories, Sissy Art, Crossdressing, Transgender