Odd News ~ Betty's YouTube ~ My other channel

The more you give, the
more I can give back!

There has been,

Hits to Betty's
Pubs since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Share this page on Facebook

Author Topic: Greetings Everyone  (Read 329 times)

Offline newbaby

• Mommy's Dearest
Greetings Everyone
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:29:12 AM »
Hi everyone and I wish you ALL a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year

Love and Wishes as Always

NB x x x

Online andyg0404

• Global Moderator
  • Winner of the Golden Panties Award
Re: Greetings Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 05:19:40 PM »
Thanks Newbaby, the very same to you.

Andy G.

Offline Betty

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Happy Holidays folks!

I see Canadian, & UK stations are properly broadcasting some of the  best Christmas stuff of all time this weekend.

Although some American broadcast stations are broadcasting some Christmas related programming this weekend, most of them started broadcasting the best, most popular Christmas stuff & classics shortly after Halloween, or right after Thanksgiving rather than now, when we'd enjoy it the best.

I'm the opposite of most Americans. Rather than unpacking my Christmas decorations, stuff, music, & movies right after Halloween or Thanksgiving (Nov. 25 in the USA), I'll wait at least until after the first week of December.

However, I won't consider taking down the decorations until somewhere around Jan. 8-12. I may even leave some of the lights up in the house until around the 15th. Back before I lost them in a fire, I used to leave my antique toy train set, or newer version set up to chug around the tracks for most of January. No room to leave it set up all the time because it would get in my way, so it was fun through January.

This makes perfect sense to me. December is plenty festive enough, with lots of stuff going on. January is a rather boring, uneventful, or sometimes a depressing month. This extends the the festive spirit into the month we need it more.

I like to call January, "Chinese Christmas" as it falls just before the Chinese new year. The Chinese new year is celebrated by many in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Mauritius, Australia, & the Philippines. It starts somewhere around the end of Jan. & the festivities or parties continue well past half of Feb. As many products or the parts inside them that we depend on come from Asia these days, it's almost impossible to get prompt deliveries & shipments from there during that time. Many there take days off, vacations, & there's a massive work slowdown during all the festivities.

Mid January is also one of the best times to find great deals on stuff for yourself or a loved one. In January, stores slash prices to get rid of surplus stock, old stock, open box items, display items, & returns (people return stuff because it was the wrong color, size, or has a faint scratch in the back). It's also the time people sell off their old stuff that was replaced by new over the holidays. Last year's iphone only cost 20% what this year's iphone (I use a $50 phone that does the same thing though). A $2000 2015-2016 super-computer will be $200-$400 in January. My matched pair of quad core super computer desktops, I got used delivered to my doorstop in like new perfect condition for $79 & $89 a couple years ago in Jan. from ebay. Gotta get new drives for them someday though. They got some high mileage/usage on them, so can't be trusted.

Asia slashes prices to move stuff out of their factories & warehouses before their almost month-long holiday & festivities, & then again after mid Feb. to get things moving after it all.

Some of my most important or coolest purchases happen just a few weeks before the Chinese new year, or just after it, because it's when I find the best deals on stuff.

So leave some of the lights up in January, & get yourself or someone you love something special that it could be had for almost half the price it was in December, & have a happy Chinese Christmas! ... or wait until late Feb. for more deals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

Offline samantha1

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »
to betty and all members ,have a happy xmas and don't forget too send betty some money to keep her site going

The more you give,

the more I can give back.

The dots in the map below represent every person who visited Betty's since Aug. 1, 2018. Blinking dots show people currently here. However if you haven't clicked on anything in a couple minutes your dot won't blink until you click on something again.

web
statistics

Hits to Betty's Pubs since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Website, forum design, software, & security on this site is copyrighted. It was made personally by Betty Pearl, of Betty Pearl's Pubs, Sissy Stories, buffalobetties, & pearlcorona. Betty's Pub is a non-profit organization & support group for the transgendered, & Fetware community. We don't sell anything, & we don't data mine your personal information & habits to sell like MOST other sites do. We respect your privacy & won't sell it out for a few bucks.

Site for: Sissy Stories, ABDL Stories, Sissy Art, Crossdressing, Transgender